All submitted manuscripts must follow these guidelines prior to being reviewed:
We follow the most current edition of the APA. Here are some guidelines to help you format your articles for submission.
1. Title of article must follow APA case style. Only first word is capitalized and the word following a semi-colon.
2. Abstract: Provide 3-5 keywords for internet search.
3. General formatting:
a. Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
b. All paragraphs need a first-line indent.
c. Paper is align left-not justified.
d. Do not use contractions unless part of participant’s quote.
e. When using footnotes, use the Word version of footnotes. Do not manually type in the footnote or endnote number.
4. Headings: Do not use the actual heading style. Type headings using sentence casing, not all caps.
a. Heading 1: Bold align left. Paragraph text to follow on the line beneath.
i. Common heading 1: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Findings, Conclusion
b. Heading 2: Italicize, align left. Paragraph text to follow on the line beneath
Heading 3: Italicize. Paragraph text to follow immediately after italicized heading and period in same line.
5. References: All references should be formatted as hanging indents and all journal articles must include the DOI. If a reference article does not have a DOI, specify which articles do not have them in your title page.
a. Check that all references listed in-text are also listed in your reference section and vise-versa.
b. Make sure to hyperlink any DOIs listed and websites referenced
c. DOI format needs to follow APA guidelines as: https://doi.org/….
6. Tables: Make sure all tables are ADA compliant. No lines or cells can be merged. When typing your table, both word and Excel have an Accessibility checker. Confirm it passes accessibility prior to submission.
a. Do not include a border besides the title line.
b. All tables should be compliant with APA formatting guidelines. See section 7 in 7th edition.