All submitted manuscripts must follow these guidelines prior to being reviewed. You should also review the APA Style Journal Article Reporting Standards prior to submitting your manuscript.
We follow the most current edition of the APA. Here are some guidelines to help you format your articles for submission.
1. Title of article must follow APA case style. Capitalize the following words in a title or heading:
a. the first word of the title or heading, even if it is a minor word such as “The” or “A”
b. the first word of a subtitle
c. the first word after a colon, em dash, or end punctuation in a heading
d. major words, including the second part of hyphenated major words
e. words of four letters or more (e.g., “With,” “Between,” “From”)
2. The following are lowercase:
a. minor words that are three letters or fewer in a title or heading, except as stated above, including short conjunctions, articles, and short prepositions.
3. Please check these guidelines on headings if you are unsure: https://apastyle.apa.org/instructional-aids/heading-template-professional-paper.pdf
4. Abstract: Provide 3-5 keywords for internet search.
5. General formatting:
a. Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
b. All paragraphs need a first-line indent.
c. Paper is align left-not justified.
d. Do not use contractions unless part of a quote.
e. When using footnotes, use the Word version of footnotes. Do not manually type in the footnote or endnote number.
4. Headings: Do not use the actual heading style. Type headings using sentence casing, not all caps.
a. Heading 1: Bold align left. Paragraph text to follow on the line beneath.
i. Common heading 1: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Findings, Conclusion
b. Heading 2: Italicize, align left. Paragraph text to follow on the line beneath
c. Heading 3: Italicize. Paragraph text to follow immediately after italicized heading and period in same line.
5. References: All references should be formatted as hanging indents and all journal articles must include the DOI. If a reference article does not have a DOI, specify which articles do not have them in your title page.
a. Check that all references listed in-text are also listed in your reference section and vise-versa.
b. Make sure to hyperlink any DOIs listed and websites referenced
c. DOI format needs to follow APA guidelines as: https://doi.org/….
6. Tables: Make sure all tables are ADA compliant. No lines or cells can be merged. When typing your table, both word and Excel have an Accessibility checker. Confirm it passes accessibility prior to submission. Tables cannot be image files inserted into the document.
a. Do not include a border besides the title line.
b. All tables should be compliant with APA formatting guidelines. See section 7 in 7th edition.
Sample Papers in APA 7: This link may be helpful for those authors who are not familiar with APA 7 or are trying to reformat manuscripts from a previous version of APA or another style to APA 7.