Volume 7, 2021
- Brief Description: A very personal discussion about how conducting positive sexuality research is not always the easiest or most supported path for academics.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, academic freedom, sex-negativity
- Brief Description: An exploration of consensual corporal punishment and how this practice may have some very important positive benefits.
- Keywords: BDSM, corporal punishment, motivation, positive mental health
- Brief Description: A philosophical insight into how positive sexuality is not just about promoting sex, but about how we connect with one another.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, Eva Illouz, gender inequality
Jennifer Beman & Amanda Freise
- Brief Description: A description and findings related to the installation of tool allowing participants to create graphs of their good sexual experiences using colored cubes. Findings support the potential application of this tool in research, therapeutic settings, and communication between partners.
- Keywords: art installation, sexual experiences, Graphic Sex Project, therapeutic tool
Scott S. Hall, David Knox, I. Joyce Chang
- Brief Description: Using a large data set of college students, self-identified asexual individuals were compared to heterosexual, bisexual, gay, and lesbian individuals regarding sexual behaviors, sexual values, religiosity, and attitudes towards sexual minorities.
- Keywords: asexuality, visibility of sexual minorities, bisexual, sexual minority