Volume 6, 2020
Volume 6, Issue 1, April 2020
Release Within Confinement: An Alternative Proposal for Managing the Masturbation of Incarcerated Men in U.S. Prisons
Sam D. Hughes
- Brief Description: A discussion of the various policies regarding masturbation among incarcerated men in the U.S. and how such policies are not evidence-based but are unjustly punitive and sex-negative in nature, doing more harm than good.
- Keywords: masturbation bans, prison environments, incarceration policy
Contributions to Positive Sexuality from the Zen Peacemakers
- Brief Description: A description of how the eight dimensions of positive sexuality correlate with the philosophy and practice of Zen Peacemaking, offering some practical applications that may be personally and/or professionally useful.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, zen peacemaking, eight dimensions
Extreme Sex-Negativity: An Examination of Helplessness, Hopelessness, and Misattribution of Blame Among “Incel” Multiple Homicide Offenders
D J Williams, Michael Arntfield
- Brief Description: An examination of some incel (involuntary celibate) multiple homicide offenders and how socio-cultural sex-negativity might contribute to feelings of helplessness and hopelessness that in some cases leads to extreme acts of violence
- Keywords: incel, homicide offenders, sex-negativity, misogyny
Volume 6, Issue 2, December 2020
Girlfags and Guydykes: “Too Queer for Straights and too Straight for Queers”
Siri Lindqvist, Charlotta Carlström
- Brief Description: Using Sexual Configurations Theory, the authors evaluate the experiences of self-identified “girlfags” and “guydykes”, openings more conversations about gender and sexual identities, and highlights the need for more research on transgender issues.
- Keywords: girlfag, guydyke, gender identity, queer, gay, homosexuality, non-normative, sexual minorities, transgender
Beyond Safe, Sane, and Consensual: Navigating Risk and Consent Online for Kinky Gay and Bisexual Men
- Brief Description: The author discusses risk and consent among kinky gay and bisexual men who are negotiating and organizing private meetings using online platforms.
- Keywords: BDSM consent, kink, online, risk, gay men, bisexual men
The Structure of Kink Identity: Four Key Themes Within a World of Complexity
Jules Vivid, Eliot M. Lev, Richard A. Sprott
- Brief Description: An exploration attempting to answer the question: “What is the structure of kink identity?” Four key themes are found: sex, power, headspace, and community, with many subthemes as well.
- Keywords: BDSM, kink, kink identity, community, power role, fetish, erotic power
Partner Selection, Power Dynamics, and Mutual Care Giving in Long-term Self-defined BDSM Couples
Bert Cutler, Ellen M. Lee, Nadine Cutler, Brad J. Sagarin
- Brief Description: A discussion about long-term BDSM couples and how it is possible, with negotiation and communication, for these types of relationships to stand the test of time.
- Keywords: BDSM couples, power dynamic, long-term relationships, leather community