Jeremy N. Thomas, D J Williams, Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: In this editorial, the authors discuss the current and future state of Journal of Positive Sexuality, including article and access impact, new submission guidelines, and where the journal is headed.
- Keywords: journal of positive sexuality, editorial, journal metrics, submission guidelines
- Brief Description: Utilizing interviews with self-identified gay men, the author explores how they engage with pornography on several levels.
- Keywords: pornography, leisure, sexualities, BDSM, kink, gay men
Charlotta Carlström & Catrine Andersson
- Brief Description: BDSM communities in Sweden are the focus of this ethnographic study investigating the intersections between BDSM communities and queer spaces.
- Keywords: BDSM, non-monogamy, queer spaces
D J Williams, Lynnette Coto, William B. Strean
- Brief Description: Key features of peacemaking are discussed as they apply to positive sexuality. The need to apply this to a range of sociosexual problems and issues is emphasized, with some specific examples given.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, peacemaking, identity politics, sex education, sexual crime
Ashley E. Buck, Kathleene M. Lange, Katey Sackett, John E. Edlund
- Brief Description: Participant reactions to various public displays of affection (PDA) are evaluated, finding that although participant’s seem comfortable viewing PDA generally, they were least comfortable viewing transgender PDA. Also, multiple measures of homophobic attitudes predicted reactions to PDA involving sexual minorities.
- Keywords: public displays of affection, homophobia, transgender, sexual minorities
Richard A. Sprott, Carolyn Meeker, Maria O’Brien
- Brief Description: Experiential learning and community of practice are explored as methods used to leaning about kink. Findings from an educational needs assessment are presented, as well as gender-related differences in motivation and format preferences for learning about kink.
- Keywords: kink, BDSM, experiential learning, community of practice, learning kink
Karin E. Wandrei
- Brief Description: A discussion of the potential harm of online directories of psychotherapists who misrepresent their expertise is explored. Recommendations to address this issue and future research are provided.
- Keywords: sexual minority, gender minority, sex-positive therapy, sex-positive directories