- Brief Description: This paper explores the links between legal models of sexual consent and the mechanisms of BDSM consent.
- Keywords: sex positive, BDSM, sexual consent, law
Suzanne Carre, DJ Williams, Hesperus, Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: An exploratory study of self-identified sexual vampires who engage in BDSM.
- Keywords: BDSM, sexual feeding, sexual vampires
DJ Williams and Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: A case study about a patient’s and physician’s positive experience with disclosure of a marginalized and misunderstood identity.
- Keywords: vampire, clinical practice, medicine, physician disclosure
Hallie Lieberman, Eric Schatzberg
- Brief Description: A critical assessment of the source material presented in The Technology of Orgasm by Rachel Maines.
- Keywords: hysteria, evidence-based research, sex and technology, vibrators
- Brief Description: An exploration of how the four-quadrant model by Goleman and colleagues could be used by BDSM practitioners to illustrate how social emotional intelligence skills are used in BDSM.
- Keywords: SEI, social emotional intelligence, BDSM, four-quadrant model
Thea Alvarado, Emily E. Prior, Jeremy N. Thomas, DJ Williams
- Brief Description: This study examines the connections between perceived stress, gender, and BDSM as a leisure activity that may reduce stress for individuals. This study found statistically significant results that BDSM as leisure reduces stress for females and males, with stress reduction being more significant with females.
- Keywords: gender, stress, BDSM, power, BDSM as leisure