Volume 4, Issue 1, March 2018
“Unorthodox Rules”: The Instructive Potential of BDSM Consent for Law
- Brief Description: This paper explores the links between legal models of sexual consent and the mechanisms of BDSM consent.
- Keywords: sex positive, BDSM, sexual consent, law
Practice and Function of BDSM among Sexual Vampires: A Qualitative Exploration
Suzanne Carre, DJ Williams, Hesperus, Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: An exploratory study of self-identified sexual vampires who engage in BDSM.
- Keywords: BDSM, sexual feeding, sexual vampires
Can I Trust My Physician? A Case Report of Positive Disclosure from a Patient with a Self-Selected Vampire Identity
DJ Williams and Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: A case study about a patient’s and physician’s positive experience with disclosure of a marginalized and misunderstood identity.
- Keywords: vampire, clinical practice, medicine, physician disclosure
Volume 4, Issue 2, August 2018
Failure of Academic Quality Control: The Technology of Orgasm
Hallie Lieberman, Eric Schatzberg
- Brief Description: A critical assessment of the source material presented in The Technology of Orgasm by Rachel Maines.
- Keywords: hysteria, evidence-based research, sex and technology, vibrators
Social and Emotional Intelligence (SEI) in BDSM
- Brief Description: An exploration of how the four-quadrant model by Goleman and colleagues could be used by BDSM practitioners to illustrate how social emotional intelligence skills are used in BDSM.
- Keywords: SEI, social emotional intelligence, BDSM, four-quadrant model
Gender Effects of BDSM Participants on Self-Reported Psychological Distress Levels
Thea Alvarado, Emily E. Prior, Jeremy N. Thomas, DJ Williams
- Brief Description: This study examines the connections between perceived stress, gender, and BDSM as a leisure activity that may reduce stress for individuals. This study found statistically significant results that BDSM as leisure reduces stress for females and males, with stress reduction being more significant with females.
- Keywords: gender, stress, BDSM, power, BDSM as leisure