New articles coming soon!
The final issue of 2020 will be available in late November-early December. We have so many exciting manuscripts coming, and more are in process for the 2021 publication year.
- Brief Description: A discussion of the various policies regarding masturbation among incarcerated men in the U.S. and how such policies are not evidence-based but are unjustly punitive and sex-negative in nature, doing more harm than good.
- Keywords: masturbation bans, prison environments, incarceration policy
- Brief Description: A description of how the eight dimensions of positive sexuality correlate with the philosophy and practice of Zen Peacemaking, offering some practical applications that may be personally and/or professionally useful.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, zen peacemaking, eight dimensions
- Brief Description: An examination of some incel (involuntary celibate) multiple homicide offenders and how socio-cultural sex-negativity might contribute to feelings of helplessness and hopelessness that in some cases leads to extreme acts of violence
- Keywords: incel, homicide offenders, sex-negativity, misogyny
The Journal of Positive Sexuality
Aim and Scope: The Journal of Positive Sexuality is an online peer-reviewed academic journal that focuses on all aspects of positive sexuality as described in the Center for Positive Sexuality purpose statement. The journal is multidisciplinary and is designed to be accessible and beneficial to a large and diverse readership, including academics, policymakers, clinicians, educators, and students. Specifically, positive sexuality acknowledges the importance of sexual diversity; the multitude of sexual identities, orientations, and practices; the need for open and safe communication and education concerning all aspects of sexuality; empowerment of sexual minorities; and collaboration to help resolve sexual problems within society. Sex positivity is consistent with the World Health Organization’s definition of sexual health.
If you have original, unpublished research that fits our Submission Guidelines, please submit your work. We’re always looking for new, cutting-edge ideas that support positive sexuality. All disciplines welcome.
Read our Submission Guidelines and submit your work! Submissions are taken year-round with no specific deadlines, unless specified for particular issues.