Volume 9, Issue 2 Coming Soon!
- Brief Description: Advice on the publication process, including revisions, cover letter, and how to respond to negative reviews.
- Keywords: publication, revise and resubmit, rejection, journal submission
- Brief Description: Recommendations on how to manage an ethical sexuality research lab.
- Keywords: ethics, ethical dilemmas, field studies, research lab management, sexuality research
Perceptions of Young Women Who Engage in Anal Sex: A Sociological Inquiry
James Pickles, Julia Hirst, Chloe Froggatt, Megan Kenny
- Brief Description: Qualitative study on why women engage in anal sex, women's bodies and gendered agency, and sexual literacy.
- Keywords: anal sex, young women, sexual health, sex and relationships education, sexual literacy, agency
The Journal of Positive Sexuality
Aim and Scope: The Journal of Positive Sexuality is an online peer-reviewed academic journal that focuses on all aspects of positive sexuality as described in the Center for Positive Sexuality purpose statement. The journal is multidisciplinary and is designed to be accessible and beneficial to a large and diverse readership, including academics, policymakers, clinicians, educators, and students. Specifically, positive sexuality acknowledges the importance of sexual diversity; the multitude of sexual identities, orientations, and practices; the need for open and safe communication and education concerning all aspects of sexuality; empowerment of sexual minorities; and collaboration to help resolve sexual problems within society. Sex positivity is consistent with the World Health Organization’s definition of sexual health.
If you have original, unpublished research that fits our Submission Guidelines, please submit your work. We’re always looking for new, cutting-edge ideas that support positive sexuality. All disciplines welcome.
Read our Submission Guidelines and submit your work! Submissions are taken year-round with no specific deadlines, unless specified for particular issues.