CFP – Race & Sexuality Research Awards
- Brief Description: A very personal discussion about how conducting positive sexuality research is not always the easiest or most supported path for academics.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, academic freedom, sex-negativity
- Brief Description: An exploration of consensual corporal punishment and how this practice may have some very important positive benefits.
- Keywords: BDSM, corporal punishment, motivation, positive mental health
- Brief Description: A philosophical insight into how positive sexuality is not just about promoting sex, but about how we connect with one another.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, Eva Illouz, gender inequality
We are seeking research focusing on the intersections of race and sexuality for a special issue coming next fall. We especially encourage submissions from BIPOC authors, disabled authors, graduate students, early career scholars, and authors working outside the academy.
Priority will be given to submissions received by September 1, 2021. Please read the Submission Guidelines for more information.
The Journal of Positive Sexuality
Aim and Scope: The Journal of Positive Sexuality is an online peer-reviewed academic journal that focuses on all aspects of positive sexuality as described in the Center for Positive Sexuality purpose statement. The journal is multidisciplinary and is designed to be accessible and beneficial to a large and diverse readership, including academics, policymakers, clinicians, educators, and students. Specifically, positive sexuality acknowledges the importance of sexual diversity; the multitude of sexual identities, orientations, and practices; the need for open and safe communication and education concerning all aspects of sexuality; empowerment of sexual minorities; and collaboration to help resolve sexual problems within society. Sex positivity is consistent with the World Health Organization’s definition of sexual health.
If you have original, unpublished research that fits our Submission Guidelines, please submit your work. We’re always looking for new, cutting-edge ideas that support positive sexuality. All disciplines welcome.
Read our Submission Guidelines and submit your work! Submissions are taken year-round with no specific deadlines, unless specified for particular issues.