Volume 8, Issue 2 Available Now!
Volume 8, Issue 2, November 2022
Name That Community? Critical Reflections on the Ethics About Disseminating Research into Online Fetish Communities
- Brief Description: A multidisciplinary exploration of the ethics of online research.
- Keywords: ethics, online research, academic publishing, research dissemination
Intersectional Masturbation: A Content Analysis on Female Masturbation Studies Through a Sex Positive and Intersectional Lens
Carrie Bohmer, Queen-Ayanna Sullivan, Anyoliny Sanchez, Shemeka Thorpe, Candice Hargons
- Brief Description: A content analysis spanning 20 years of research on female masturbation, illuminating the lack of intersectionality and sex-positivity.
- Keywords: Content Analysis, Female, Women, Masturbation, Marginalized Identities, Sex Positivity
A Focus Group Study Exploring Perceptions of Online Hookup App Use Among Heterosexual Women
Lauren N. Maziarz
- Brief Description: A discussion of themes found from a female college-age focus group on their use and concerns around using dating apps.
- Keywords: Online Dating Apps, Heterosexual Women, Hookup Culture, Gender Identity
Volume 8, Issue 1, April 2022
#HotGirlScience: A Liberatory Paradigm for Intersectional Sex-Positive Scholarship
Candice N. Hargons & Shemeka Thorpe
- Brief Description: An invitation to study the fun, sex-positive aspects of Black sexualities and feminisms and a move towards liberation-focus inquiry where pleasure is central.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, HotGirlScience, Black sexuality, hip hop feminism, hood feminism
Close the Door and Open Your Mind: Advancing Sexual Openness in the Nursing Home
- Brief Description: Recommendations for research and care support for elderly adults and creating more sex-positive nursing home policies and practices.
- Keywords: nursing home sexuality, human sexuality, older adults and sex, long-term care facilities, nursing home resident rights
The Journal of Positive Sexuality
Aim and Scope: The Journal of Positive Sexuality is an online peer-reviewed academic journal that focuses on all aspects of positive sexuality as described in the Center for Positive Sexuality purpose statement. The journal is multidisciplinary and is designed to be accessible and beneficial to a large and diverse readership, including academics, policymakers, clinicians, educators, and students. Specifically, positive sexuality acknowledges the importance of sexual diversity; the multitude of sexual identities, orientations, and practices; the need for open and safe communication and education concerning all aspects of sexuality; empowerment of sexual minorities; and collaboration to help resolve sexual problems within society. Sex positivity is consistent with the World Health Organization’s definition of sexual health.
If you have original, unpublished research that fits our Submission Guidelines, please submit your work. We’re always looking for new, cutting-edge ideas that support positive sexuality. All disciplines welcome.
Read our Submission Guidelines and submit your work! Submissions are taken year-round with no specific deadlines, unless specified for particular issues.