Suzanne Carre, Hesperus, and Deacon Gray
- Brief Description: An exploration of the sexual motivation and necessity for sex in the feeding needs of sexual vampires.
- Keywords: vampire, sexual vampire, vampire feeding, positive sexuality
- Brief Description: An analysis of pre-scene BDSM discussions to understand how consent is constructed and negotiated between partners.
- Keywords: BDSM, negotiation, consent, BDSM interaction, kink
Richard A. Sprott and Anna Randall
- Brief Description: An exploration in “drop” among BDSM practitioners to help them and others, especially clinicians, understand the complexities of what one may experience after a BDSM interaction.
- Keywords: BDSM, kink, sub drop, top drop, post-scene reactions
Hannah Morris, I. Joyce Chang, and David Knox
- Brief Description: Threesome attitudes, behaviors, and experiences of undergraduate students is discussed. Several theories are proposed to support the findings.
- Keywords: threesome, operant learning, affective theory, feminist theory
Jeremy N. Thomas and D J Williams
- Brief Description: A unique look into the practice of male urethral sounding utilizing habanero pepper during the activity.
- Keywords: BDSM, urethral sounding, BDSM as leisure, case study, habanero pepper
Ariana Tart-Zelvin and Xiaomeng Xu
- Brief Description: Researchers compare sexuality studies using neuroimaging, showing that while male subjects have mostly been studied from a “healthy” heteronormative perspective, female subjects have been almost completely studied from an “unhealthy” pathological perspective, when studied at all.
- Keywords: neuroimaging research, gender equality, sexuality research, sex positivity, gender bias, sexual health
D J Williams and Jeremy N. Thomas
- Brief Description: Time as a construct is used to discuss the idea that polyamory and other forms of consensual non-monogamy are really not all that different from other, more “traditional”, relationship styles.
- Keywords: polyamory, non-monogamy, serial monogamy, clinical practice
D J Williams and Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: A review of the inaugural volume of Journal of Positive Sexuality, including how it came to be and what is yet to come.
- Keywords: positive sexuality, academic journal, Center for Positive Sexuality, NCSF, CARAS
Kassandra McFarland and D J Williams
- Brief Description: An autoethnographic exploration into the impact of sex-negative, abstinence only sex education. A discussion of how a positive sexuality approach may provide important benefits is proposed.
- Keywords: sex education, positive sexuality, abstinence only sex ed
- Brief Description: Using personal narratives from participants identifying within the range of asexual orientations, the author discusses how polyamorous relationship structures might, or might not, be beneficial.
- Keywords: asexual, polyamory, ace/aro-spectrum, consensual nonmonogamy
Emily E. Prior
- Brief Description: Using a positive sexuality framework, the author provides connections between the framework and practices within the feminist pornography industry.
- Keywords: feminist pornography, positive sexuality, feminism